Subject Matter Leaders - Ask the Expert
AHIA Subject Matter Leadership Program
Overview of Program:
The Subject Matter Leadership Program is part of the AHIA Professional Practice Committee efforts to promote member interaction and knowledge sharing. These efforts include an annual member skill inventory, development of Subject Leader positions, appointment of Subject Leaders and other collaborative efforts to connect AHIA Members with the resources and expertise they need. The Subject Matter Leadership Program is a vehicle to identify member experts with a depth of knowledge and experience in a subject area of importance to auditors in the healthcare industry. This program functions best with active member volunteers, willing to share their knowledge. Take time to get involved!!!
Subject Matter Leaders seek to achieve the following:
- Act as a knowledge resource for members to contact
- Solicit subject conversation, documents and tools that can improve member knowledge and provide Audit Library resources
- Monitor subject specific conversation and act as a subject content reviewer for the Audit Library and other AHIA purposes
- Seek out emerging subject issues and communicate them via AHIA communication channels
The AHIA Professional Practices Committee's has been working on several levels to recruit qualified individuals for 15 new subject leader positions. We request your input for possible appointees (or experts) in the following areas:
- Information Technology Security
- Inpatient Coding and Documentation
- Outpatient Revenue Cycle
- HIPAA Privacy
- ICD-10 Preparedness/Implementation
- Enterprise Risk Management/Entity Level Risk Assessment
- Meaningful Use: Eligible Professionals
- Meaningful Use: Eligible Hospitals
- Billing and Collections
- Regulatory Compliance
- Clinical Quality Reporting
- Finance/General Accounting
- Physician Employment
- Health Care reform/Accountable Care Organizations
- Physician Practice Operations
Interested in sharing your knowledge in your key area of expertise?
Individuals will be called upon to, for example, promote conversation about their subject (in the List Serve and on LinkedIn), promote contribution of quality materials to the Audit Library, contribute or solicit submission of New Perspectives articles, E-News blasts, and educational programs. Click here to access the Subject Matter Leadership Information form. You will be contacted for an interview. If you know someone, or are someone, with expertise in one or more of the above categories, please let us know! Submit your recommendation(s) to Michelle Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
As an AHIA member you should soon see benefits from our new Subject Matter Leadership program. This program appoints members with skills in important areas as resources for AHIA membership, giving Subject Matter Leaders the opportunity to grow their network as they share their skills. The program has been developed to leverage the knowledge within our collective membership for mutual support and assistance promoting excellence through sharing.