© 2014, Association of Healthcare Internal Auditors, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The Association of Healthcare Internal Auditors, Inc. (“AHIA”) respects your privacy interests. In the course of our day-to-day operations we may receive information from you that you consider private and/or personal. This information may include, but is not limited to: your name, addresses, phone number, e-mail address, membership in other organizations, and communication preferences (“Personal Information”). This Privacy Statement describes the Personal Information we collect, our use of it, and the procedures you can use to access, correct, or request the deletion of it from our records.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT. AHIA does not collect Personal Information unless you give it to us. If you apply for an AHIA membership via our website, we will collect and retain the information you submit. Our Internet servers, however, collect certain non-personal information from you when you visit our website. This information includes the operating system and web browser you use.
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION. AHIA may use and/or disclose your Personal Information in a number of ways connected to your use of this website. AHIA may use it to send you specific, targeted information that may be of interest to you. We may use your contact information, such as your e-mail address, to confirm receipt of your registration on our website, to confirm receipt of your membership order, or for other similar purposes. We may use aggregated information, which does not identify you personally, for advertising, marketing, promotional and other purposes. With the exception of your Personal Information, any other information you submit to AHIA via this website such as questions, comments, suggestions and/or ideas, shall become AHIA’s exclusive property. AHIA may use this information for any purpose whatsoever without restriction and without any compensation to you. You may elect not to receive special offers, promotions or mailings from third parties at any time. Once you make such an election, we will not provide your Personal Information to any other person or entity. However, we reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information in connection with a change in ownership of this company or its assets. Absent such an election, you will receive special offers, promotions or mailings from third parties. The information practices of any other website linked to AHIA are not covered by this Privacy Statement and are not the responsibility of AHIA. Finally, we may also disclose your Personal Information as described below under the heading “Security”.
4. ACCESS, CORRECTION AND DELETION. If you want to see the Personal Information we have collected about you from this website, or, if you believe any information we have is incorrect and you wish to correct it, please contact us using the link at the bottom of each page on this website. If we change information in response to your request, we will not continue to use outdated information; if we delete information in response to your request, we will not continue to use the deleted information. However, as a result of your request, some residual information may remain in our backup records or in our records of such changes and/or deletions.
6. CHILDREN. Children under the age of 18 should not send their Personal Information to us. AHIA does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected such information (from a child under 18 and without parental consent) it will be deleted from our records as soon as reasonably possible.
7. POLICY CHANGES AND WEB SITE MAINTENANCE. As our business grows and changes, and as technology and Internet use and practices change, AHIA may, from time to time, determine that changes in its policies, potentially including this Privacy Statement, are prudent. If any such changes are made, they will be posted on this web site. Therefore you should review AHIA’s Privacy Statement and other policies posted on this site for potential changes when you return to this site for future visits.
The AHIA Site is owned and maintained by the Association of Healthcare Internal Auditors, Inc., 10200 W. 44th Avenue, Suite 304, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033. Send questions or comments to our Executive Office, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.